Fees & Reservations

The National Park Service has designated the following fee free days for 2015:

  • Martin Luther King Jr Day - January 19
  • Presidents Day Weekend - February 14-16
  • First Weekend of National Park Week - April 18-19
  • National Park Service's 99th Birthday - August 25
  • National Public Lands Day - September 26
  • Veteran's Day - November 11

Bryce Canyon National Park will waive the entrance fee during the fee-free periods. The entrance stations will be staffed to provide maps, information and sell annual park passes.

The waiver does not include other fees such as camping. As these fee-free days may be extra busy with traffic and parking congestion, visitors are encouraged to ride the park's free shuttle when available.

Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act
Bryce Canyon participates in the Congressionally authorized Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act. Under this program, parks may be authorized to keep up to 80% of all fees collected; the remaining 20% is deposited in a special account to be used in parks where fees are not collected. Funds generated by the fees are used to accomplish projects the parks have been unable to fund through yearly Congressional allocations. Projects include the protection of the parks' road investment through overlays, patching, chipseal, drainage, and erosion control; enhancement of accessibility for the physically challenged to park resources and buildings, upgrading of park campgrounds, and amphitheaters; rehabilitation of park structures; and repair of failing elements in utility systems parkwide. Funded projects increase the quality of the visitor experience and enhance the protection of park resources.

Non-Commercial Weekly Passes
Weekly passes are non-transferable and are valid for 7 consecutive days (including the date of purchase) within the same park. Weekly passes may be upgraded to annual passes within 7 days of purchase.

Private Vehicle: $30
Valid for 7 days at Bryce Canyon National Park.
Admits one private, non-commercial vehicle (15 passenger capacity or less).
Motorcycle: $25
Valid for 7 days at Bryce Canyon National Park.
Admits one non-commercial motorcycle.
Pedestrian / Bicyclist / Organized Group Participant: $15
Valid for 7 days at Bryce Canyon National Park.
Admits one individual, 16 years of age and older, with no car; or on one bicycle; or as part of an "organized group" (church group, scout troop, family reunion, etc.)

Commercial Tours
A Commercial Tour is defined as consisting of one or more persons traveling on an itinerary that has been packaged, priced, or sold for leisure or recreational purposes by an organization that realizes financial gain through the provision of services.

Commercial Tours are charged either per vehicle (see table below), or per person (applies to Commercial Use Authorization-holders).

Entrance fees for Commercial Tours are good for the period of time that the SAME GROUP OF CLIENTS is in the Bryce Canyon area, up to 7-days. No refunds are given due to inclement weather. more>>

Passenger Commercial Class of
1 - 6 $30 + $15 / Adult Sedan
7 - 15 $50 Van
16 - 25 $60 Minibus
26+ $150 Motor-Coach

Commercial Use Authorization (CUA)
Certain commercial uses of Bryce Canyon National Park require advance permits. Please refer to the Commercial Use Authorizations (CUA) page for more information.

Camping & Lodging
Reservations for camping and lodging are recommended. Camping fees are in addition to entrance fees, and are charged per night. Campsite reservations fill up fast; reservations can be made up to six months in advance.

Special Use Permits (SUP)
Special Use Permits are required for commercial filming or photography, weddings, scattering cremated remains, and other special activities. Go to the Special Use Permits page for more and to download a SUP application.

 

Last updated: September 30, 2015

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

P.O Box 640201
Bryce, UT 84764

Phone:

(435) 834-5322

Contact Us