A wedding ceremony held at Bryce Canyon National Park, one of the most beautiful parks in the west, is a special occasion for everyone. We have developed guidelines to help you and your guests have a memorable experience and at the same time protect the resources for future generations. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the park.
To be married in Bryce Canyon National Park you must:
Obtain a Utah state marriage license. The fee is $40 with no waiting period; both parties must be present to obtain the license. Contact a courthouse in Utah for further information on marriage licenses and who can perform ceremonies. Garfield County Courthouse – (435) 676-1100
Obtain a special use permit from the National Park Service (see below). Requests must be made in advance and take two to four weeks to process.
Arrange for someone to perform the ceremony — a Justice of the Peace, Municipal Judge, Mayors or an ordained pastor, priest or bishop. (See the list below for some possible options)
Special Use Permit required for Weddings:
The National Park Service issues a Special Use Permit for all weddings held in Bryce Canyon National Park.
Receptions must be held inside a building or outside of the park. Outdoor receptions are not permitted. Bryce Canyon Lodge-Forever Resorts can be contacted for information on holding a reception in their facility at (435) 834-8700 .
The park allows wedding ceremonies at Sunset Point in two locations: Overlooking the Main Amphitheater and/or the Silent City.
The maximum number of guests is 30 people.
We do not allow music, chairs or any other props.
Nothing may be "thrown" before, during or after the ceremony.
The use of balloons or other types of decorations will not be authorized.
- No event or directional signs are allowed.
- The cost of the permit is $100. This covers the cost of processing the permit, administrative costs, and oversight of the function.
- The park entrance fee is waived for bride and groom and the official performing the ceremony.
- Wedding party guests must pay the park entrance fee. (carpooling or shuttle use is encouraged).
- All fees are non-refundable.
Permits must be obtained in advance of your event (no later than two (2) weeks before the ceremony date). All requests for permits must include:
Name of individuals being wed
- Exact date and time of event
- Number of people that will be present (Maximum number of guests is 30)
- Name of responsible party (with second choice if possible) present if different
- Desired location at Sunset Point (Main Amphitheater overlook or Silent City overlook)
- Who will perform the ceremony
- Daytime phone numbers
- Make checks payable to: U.S. Department of the Interior – National Park Service
Performing the ceremony:
The following individuals may perform wedding ceremonies at Bryce Canyon.
Garfield County Judges – Contact County Clerk – 435-676-1100
- Panguitch City Judge/Justice of the Peace – 435-676-8585
Tropic – 435-679-8741
Cannonville – 435-679-8784
Panguitch – 435-676-8585
Henrieville – 435-679-8581
Hatch – 435-735-4364
Valley Christian Fellowship, Panguitch, UT
Pastor Seth Weil – 520-349-1151 (Cell) or 435-676-8823
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Panguitch – 435-676-2201
Tropic – 435-679-8657
For weddings in the surrounding Forest Service area, such as Red Canyon, please contact Boyd Smith with the USDA Forest Service Office in Panguitch at 435-676-9300.