Bryce Canyon National Park's Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) program authorizes the provision of suitable commercial services to park area visitors, as long as three conditions are met: the services (a) will have minimal impact on the park area's resources and values; (b) are consistent with the purposes for which the park area was established; and (c) are consistent with all applicable park management plans, policies and regulations.
The Superintendent grants CUAs to businesses that meet the following four criteria: (1) there are no fixed commercial facilities within the national park area; (2) the commercial activity originates and terminates outside the park; (3) no money changes hands on park lands; and (4) no commercial solicitation occurs on park lands.
CUA permits are available for the following activities:
- Bicycle Tours: This commercial service allows groups of bicyclists accompanied by a leader to ride through designated portions of Bryce Canyon National Park.
- Commercial Interpretive Tours: This commercial service is defined as natural or cultural resource information provided by a designated leader to a specified group of people.
- Motorcycle Tours: This commercial service allows groups of motorcycles accompanied by a leader to ride through designated portions of Bryce Canyon National Park.
- Photography or Painting Workshops: These workshops are allowed to give technical and artistic instructions on composition of photographs and paintings related to the unique resources protected in Bryce Canyon National Park.
- Taxi & Recreational Shuttle Services: Commercial shuttle service is authorized for the point-to-point and drop-off of passengers in Bryce Canyon National Park at designated parking areas, pullouts, and developed areas.
Links to application materials are available below. The documents are fillable Word files that can be filled in, printed, scanned, and submitted via email (the preferred method) or by regular mail or fax. Required documents to be submitted include the Application and all required documentation (as explained in Attachments A and B). The CUA Annual Report is a required year-end report that must be submitted by February 28 for the previous year's commercial business activity.
Point of Contact:
Jan Stock, Concessions Management Specialist (through 11/30/2018)
Email: e-mail us
Office: (435) 834-4741
Fax: (435) 834-4703
Mailing Address: Bryce Canyon National Park, P.O. Box 640201, Bryce, UT 84764-0201
NOTE: CUA Applications and CUA Annual Reports have been updated for the 2018 season. All previous versions of CUA Application Materials and Annual Reports are obsolete.
(The CUA-holder is permitted to request or require a client to sign a form or statement acknowledging risk and/or indicating that certain prerequisite skills may be needed to participate in the commercial activity.)
(Due February 28, 2019 ~ For business taking place between January 1 and December 31, 2018)