Current Mask Status
March 19, 2023: Hardin County COVID-19 level is LOW (masks optional).
Mask requirements in the visitor center are based on the current status of Hardin County, Texas, in the CDC Community Level tool. If the level is Low or Medium, masks are optional; if High, masks are required.
- Visitor Center – The visitor center is open, including the exhibits, theater, and park store.
- Trails – All trails are open. Note: A bridge on the Turkey Creek Trail is closed; see current conditions for more information.
- Day-Use Areas – Boat launches, river access points, and day-use areas are open around the preserve.
- Waterways – The preserve's rivers and creeks are open for paddling, boating, and fishing.
- Backcountry Camping – Pick up a free camping permit at the visitor center.
- Restrooms – All restrooms and vault toilets around the preserve, including those at the visitor center and trailheads, are open.
- Ranger Programs – Check our calendar for free ranger-led hikes, canoe trips, and events.
What's Closed or Cancelled?
- No COVID-19-related closures at this time. Check the current conditions page to see updates on other closures.