The Dante Fascell Visitor Center is the ideal first stop in any exploration of the park. The visitor center is located at Convoy Point, 9 miles East of the city of Homestead, Florida. Opportunities include:
- A beautiful museum offers a virtual journey through the park's four ecosystems using dioramas, audio and video.
- In the auditorium, several films are available to help you learn about the park.
- The gallery highlights the works of local artists who find inspiration in the park.
- Kids from 2 to 102 can get a feel for bones, feathers, sponges, corals and more at the touch table.
- The Florida National Parks Association bookstore offers a variety of educational items. Proceeds support educational and scientific endeavors in South Florida's four national parks.
Of course, a park ranger or volunteer is always available to answer questions and help you plan your visit.