Volunteer positions are announced on Volunteer.gov. Enter keywords "Biscayne National Park." Some of the following positions may be available, actual positions vary depending on the season:
- Visitor center front desk - Observe desk attendant to learn how the front desk of a national park visitor center operates and assist with answering visitor questions.
- Boat tour programs - Present interpretive programs on a 40 passenger boat, answer visitor questions and respond to changing circumstances.
- Paddlecraft programs - Assist with the paddle craft programs and the inventory, preparation and maintenance of canoes, kayaks and paddleboards.
- Homestead National Parks trolley programs - Present quality interpretive presentations aboard the trolley, answer questions and help passengers get oriented to the park, the City of Homestead and Homestead Bayfront Park.
- Other programs - Present programs to park visitors, answer questions and other tasks as assigned. Programs include talks, walks, family fun fest and "park after dark" activities.
- Roving - Walk the grounds of the Dante Fascell Visitor Center, collect litter, answer questions from visitors and remind them of park rules and opportunities.
- Boat roving - Prepare, safely operate and navigate a boat in park waters, answer questions from visitors and remind them of park rules and opportunities, collect litter and open the lighthouse at Boca Chita and the visitor center at Elliott Key. Must possess motorboat operator’s certification course training from U.S. Department of the Interior.