Open Memorial Day to Labor Day: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Fort Smith, Montana. Continue through the town of Fort Smith and past the government housing, NPS Headquarters and the Bureau of Reclamation building. Continue up the hill to the parking lot for the Visitor Center
Due to National Security Issues, tours into the dam are no longer available. Access is not allowed on top of the dam.
Films on request
- "The Land of the Bighorn" 20 minutes
- "Geology of Bighorn Canyon" 12 minutes
- Construction and Workings of the Yellowtail Dam
- The Unique Geology of Bighorn Canyon
- Robert Yellowtail, Crow Tribal Leader
- Crow Tribe and Famed Leader Chief Plenty Coups
- History of Bighorn River and Bighorn Lake
- Fishing Bighorn Lake
The visitor center is wheelchair accessible.