It is your responsibility to know and comply with the rules and regulations. Depending on which state you are fishing in please reference the Montana or Wyoming Fishing Rules and Regulations publication. Valid state of Montana and/or Wyoming fishing license is required for all types of fishing on state waters.
Limits and Reminders
- Trout: 5 daily and 10 in possession (combined trout rainbow and brown)
- Lake Trout: 3 daily and in possession
- Bass: 6 daily and 12 in possession
- Sauger/Walleye: 5 daily and 10 in possession
- Catfish: 6 daily and in possession
- Burbot (Ling): 3 daily and in possession
- Hook and Line: 2 lines with 2 hooks per line on open water and 6 lines with 1 hook per line through the ice
- Anglers obtaining live bait fish in Montana may use them only in the Montana portion of the lake
- A warm water Game Fish Stamp is required to fish on Bighorn Lake
In response to heightened National Security requirements certain areas around Yellowtail Dam and Afterbay Reservoir Dam are closed to the public
To see the state fishing regulations for Montana click here...
To see the state fishing regulations for Wyoming click here...