Campground Closed May 30 through October 31, 2017Big Bend National Park is currently conducting deferred maintenance projects at Rio Grande Village. The park is replacing a water tank and waste water lagoon liners which will affect water availability and sewage treatment. These two projects will help reduce the $91 million dollars of deferred maintenance projects at Big Bend National Park, and will directly benefit visitors by maintaining safe drinking water and waste disposal for the future. However during this time of limited water availability temporary closures will be enacted. The Rio Grande Village RV campground and camp store will remain open with limited services.
Visitors will still be able to use hiking trails and visit points of interest in the area such as Boquillas Canyon, the Boquillas Port of Entry, and the Hot Springs Distoric District. Pedestrian access to the Rio Grande Village Nature Trail will be available as well, but visitors are cautioned to watch for equipment on the roadways.
Limited Services at the RV Campground and Camp StoreThe Rio Grande Village RV campground and camp store are open with limited services. During this time:
- Public Restrooms are available during normal operating hours: 9AM to 5PM.
- There is no access to showers or washing machines during the closure.
- The fee for RV camping is $24 per night for electric use only.
- No water available. Bring your own water in storage tanks.
- No sewer available. All grey and black water must be contained in RV.
- No dump station available. There is a dump station in Terlingua at Big Bend Resorts and Adventures.
The Cottonwood and Chisos Basin Campgrounds will remain open during this closure. For information about these facilities visit the camping page.