Big Bend is very remote; it is not unusual for visitors to arrive after normal business hours. Park entrances are always open, but entrance fee stations and visitor centers may be closed before you arrive.
Visitors who arrive after hours ar required to pay the entrance fee or show an applicable pass at a park visitor center in the morning. A valid receipt will be issued to display on your windshield.
Camping and Lodging
- Backcountry Use Permits: issued only during business hours at any visitor center; backcountry camping without a permit is strictly prohibited.
- Camping without reservations: self-register at a developed campground (Rio Grande Village, Chisos Basin, or Cottonwood).
- Camping with reservations: check the map at your campground to locate your site number.
- RV hook-ups: located near the store at the Rio Grande Village. For availability and reservations, call 1-877-386-4383.
- Lodging: Chisos Mountain Lodge office hours are 7:00am–9:00pm. For availability and reservations, call 1-877-386-4383.