|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Closures, restrictions and public use limits:
Closure Order – Portion of a Park Area: Under the authority provided to the Superintendent in 36 CFR 1.5, the following park areas and facilities are closed to the public, effective immediately, until further notice:
• The Fort itself
• The Administrative Offices
• (All other areas are open to the public.)
Authority: 36 CFR 1.5(a)(1)
Restrictions and Public Use Limits: Under the authority provided to the Superintendent in 36 CFR 1.5, the following activities are restricted in Bent’s Old Fort NHS, effective immediately, until further notice:
• Gatherings of more than 10 persons
• Cancellation of all special events until further notice
Authority: 36 CFR 1.5(a)(1)-(2)
Notice: This administrative order applies to all individuals subject to the regulatory authority of the National Park Service (NPS) within the boundaries of Bent’s Old Fort NHS, including park visitors, concession employees, and stakeholders.
Finding: The NPS issues this administrative order for the purposes of maintaining public health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic emergency. This order is consistent with the updated governor’s orders.
These directives require the NPS to take the actions identified above because:
• Public health directors prohibit gatherings of more than 10 people. Allowing individuals to mingle and gather within the park increases the risk of disease introduction and spread.
• Public health directives state that individuals traveling from high risk areas should quarantine for 14 days.
This order is effective immediately and will remain in effect until further notice. The effectiveness of this order will be assessed on an ongoing basis, and the order will be modified or rescinded when conditions warrant.
Approval: /s/ James West
Tags: covid-19 partial closure
Last updated: April 15, 2020