|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Marsha Buchanan, (605) 433-5235
BADLANDS NATIONAL PARK, S.D. — Had any close encounters of the "Bad" kind? Each year thousands of wonderful pictures are taken in Badlands National Park. If you have one of these "Bad" shots, this is your chance to share! Badlands National Park will be hosting its first ever Annual Park Pass Photo Contest. The contest will be open from April 1, 2007 through May 31, 2007. Send us your favorite picture of this awesome wonder and earn a chance to win a $50 gift certificate courtesy of Badlands Natural History Association to spend at the park’s bookstore. The winning photo will be featured on the Badlands National Park Annual Pass to be released for sale on January 1, 2008.
· Photo subject must be of or within Badlands National Park.
· Photos for judging must be no larger than 5" x 7" and printed on photo quality paper, submitted along with a digital file for printing and publication.
· Due to space limitation associated with files sizes, we cannot accept photos by e-mail.
· Limit of 2 photos per entrant.
· Entries must be received by the Park’s Fee Office no later than close of business on Thursday, May 31, 2007.
· Photos will not be returned and will become the property of the National Park Service.
The contest is open to the general public, National Park Service employees, volunteers and their families. Photos should be mailed to: Badlands National Park, Attention: Fee Program Office, P.O. Box 6, Interior, SD 57750 or dropped off to the Fee Revenue Manager in person. For each photo submitted: enter your name, address, phone number, subject and location of each photo on a separate sheet of paper. Park employees and volunteers who have not submitted entries will serve as the judges for the contest.
The Badlands National Park Annual Park Pass is valid for one year from the month of purchase. Without the annual pass, visitors pay the $15 entrance fee per vehicle which is valid for seven consecutive days.
The Federal Lands and Recreation Enhancement Act allows Badlands National Park to collect and retain up to 80% of its fees. Since 1998, an estimated $725 million has been retained by the NPS to accomplish projects such as improving trails, walkways and campgrounds, replacing aging water and sewer systems, providing new exhibits and interpretive signs, providing accessibility to visitors with disabilities, providing vault toilets on overlooks throughout the park and protecting natural and cultural resources.
For more information, please contact Marsha Buchanan, Revenue and Fee Business and Concession Manager at (605) 433-5235.