The Paleontological Society of Austin is a scientific, non-profit community-based organization devoted to the study of fossils. Our goals are: advancing the state of the science, educating the public, and collecting and identifying fossil specimens. Activities include:
- monthly meetings, field trips, and newsletters
- an annual fossil show with educational programs for kids
- irregular technical publications
- educational presentations
- exchanges of specimens and information with amateur and professional paleontologists world-wide The focus is primarily on Texas fossils, fossil collecting in Texas, and involvement with Central Texas organizations. PSA is a member of the South Central Federation of Mineral Societies.