Condor Enthusiasts -
Here you may download an updated condor chart and tables (05 31 2014)
In addition to this:
VERMILION CLIFFS RELEASE PEN:
- Condor 641 is awaiting release from the Vermilion Cliffs pen.
Newly released condors:
- April 18, 2013: condors 657, 669, and 677
- June 2, 2014: condors 679 and 680
Two deaths occurred were confirmed over the spring months:
- 537: 5-year-old female; died on 2/2014; cause of death TBD
- 234: 14-year-old male; died on 5/22/2014 in O'Neil Gulch, UT; cause of death TBD.
- Cause of death still being determined for 299: 10-year-old male; died on 12/30/2013 in Zion NP
Two more condors are missing and presumed dead including condors:
- 302; 11-year-old female
- 273; 12-year-old male
BREEDING STATUS UPDATE:
- Condors 266 and 296 tending to chick 754; estimated hatch date April 9, 2014. Nest near Vermilion Cliffs.
- Condor 293 and 389 first nest failed, second egg hatched May 30, 2014.
- Condor 342 and 383, first nest failed, second egg hatched date May 26, 2014.
- Condor 337 and 409, estimated hatch date April 26, 2014. Nest in Zion NP. First wild condor chick in Utah!
Current population numbers from the US Fish and Wildlife Service as of May 31, 2014:
World Total: 437
- Wild Population: 231
- - AZ/UT Population: 70
- California Population: 132
- Baja California/Mexico Population: 29
- Captive Population: 206
Division of Science and Resource Management
Grand Canyon National Park