Temporary Changes in Park Operations
The following precautions are being taken due to the novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19).
- As of Saturday, March 28, 2020, Arches National Park is closed to all public access until further notice. This is being done in response to guidance from Southeast Utah Public Health, San Juan Public Health, and Moab Regional Hospital.
- All vehicles, bikes, and pedestrians are prohibited from entering any park areas, including the campground, trails, backcountry areas, and roads. Park rangers may issue citations to persons violating this closure under the authority of 36 CFR 1.5(f).
- Arches Visitor Center and the park bookstore operated by Canyonlands Natural History Association is also closed.
- Visitors with camping or Fiery Furnace tour reservations impacted by this closure may cancel or reschedule online at www.Recreation.gov, or by calling (877) 444-6777.
The NPS encourages people to take advantage of the many digital tools already available to explore these parks, including:
- Watching park videos
- Wandering through Arches’ wildflowers gallery
- Perusing the albums of photos on parks’ websites and Flickr accounts,
- Revisiting their own photo albums from past visits, sharing treasured memories with family and friends.
Arches National Park is focused on ensuring employees, their families, volunteers, and visitors are safe by following the most current guidance from the CDC, OPM, OEM, and other federal, state, and local health authorities.