- Visit one of the seven parks Visitor’s Center’s and pick up a Healthy Parks Healthy People passport booklet. These booklets contain information about the trails at the seven parks, as well as to hold your stamps.
- Walk one of the trails at the park, and stop in the Visitor’s Center to receive a stamp specific to that park in your passport booklet.
- Visit each of the parks, walk a trail, and receive a stamp to complete your booklet.
- Mail the completed Healthy Parks Healthy People booklet to Appomattox Court House NHP P.O. Box 218 Appomattox, Va 24522 or email a picture of your finished booklet to e-mail us
- Once submitted, you will receive a commemorative patch to recognize you walked at all seven parks, and be entered into a drawing for special prizes, including a National Park Pass and a Virginia State Parks Pass
All seven participating parks are additionally holding special events to promote the Healthy Parks Healthy People project. Check our website and Facebook page for upcoming events. Make sure to check the State Parks websites for events at the other six parks.
Activities that have occurred include:
Dog Walks: Bring your dog for a casual walk along one of the Park’s trails. Enjoy the outdoors with your dog along the approximately 2 mile loop. Please wear appropriate shoes for walking in the woods. All dogs must be on a leash. Locations and times for these walks will be posted on the website calendar.
Birding Walk: The 1.5-2 mile walk will offer opportunities to find birds in and around a grassy field along the Ferguson Wildlife Trail. Come out to see and hear a variety of local species in their natural habitat. Several species of Sparrow and other songbirds spend the winter in and around open fields like the one in the Park. Dress accordingly for an outdoor walk, and wear comfortable shoes. Novices to experienced birders are welcome. Binoculars will be provided, or bring your own. Locations and times for these walks will be posted on the website calendar.