Historical & Environmental Education Reading
Contributions relating to the causation and prevention of disease, and to camp diseases; together with a report of the diseases, etc., among the prisoners at Andersonville, Ga
This report by the non-governmental U.S Sanitary Commission is devoted to a series of medical issues pertaining to the Civil War. A third of the book is devoted to Andersonville, written by Confederate surgeon Joseph Jones, M.D. Portions of his essay are derived from the report he attempted to suppress at the end of the war.
- New York, U.S. Sanitary Commissiono
- Published Date:
- Report or Paper
- Grade Levels:
- Sixth Grade-General
- Civil War, Medicine, Military and Wartime History
- National/State Standards:
- This document could be used in support of activities which align to the common core standards for ELA/social studies.
- Historical & Environmental Education Reading
Last updated: April 14, 2015