- If the picnic has less than 25 people, the pavilion is subject to a "first-come, first-served" basis. No permit is required, but no space is guaranteed.
- If the picnic will have 25 people or more, a permit is required. If parking spots need to be sectioned off, we need to know in advance how many will be needed.
- Unauthorized banners, signs, posters, or similar items shall not be placed on the grounds, gates, fences, restroom building, trees, pavilion posts, or other park property.
- Picnic tables rearranged to accommodate groups should be returned to their original location before leaving the pavilion.
- Observations of vandalism, littering, destruction of park property, and the disturbance of plants and wildlife should be reported to a Park Ranger at the Visitor Center across the street.
- All litter shall be placed in the trash and recycling receptacles provided under or near the pavilion.
A cost recovery charge of $25 will be attached to any picnic permit in addition to the $20 processing fee.
Items to Note
All permits issued by the National Park Service are "revocable" without notice if the terms of the permit are violated.
At no time may other visitors' experience be directly impeded by any special use. They may not be approached, solicited, or harassed in any way.
All printed material that will be distributed must be attached to the initial application for review.
The more information you provide on the application results in a faster review process. It is better for us to have too much information than not enough, so please be as descriptive as possible in regards to what your activity will look like and involve.