Watchman Campground is located ¼ mile from the South Entrance. Tent and electric campsites are available year-round and group campsites are available by reservation from March through early November. There are 176 regular sites, 2 wheelchair accessible sites and 6 group sites.
Watchman Campground is primarily occupied by reservations through the end of November.
Starting December 1, 2014 the only loops that will be open are the A and B loops on a first come first served basis. Possible closures if the park's maintenance or vegetation crews need to do work there.
Reservations for campsites at Watchman Campground for camping from February 28, 2014 through November 30, 2014 may be made six months prior to your arrival date online at www.recreation.gov or by calling 877-444-6777.
Reservation Season Camping (March-November 2014)
A-Loop: Available by reservation March 7, 2014 through November 30, 2014.
B-Loop: Available by reservation February 28, 2014 through November 30, 2014.
C-Loop: Available by reservation February 28, 2014 through November 30, 2014.
D-Loop: Available by reservation March 7, 2014 through November 30, 2014.
E-Loop:(Group Sites): Group sites will be available March 7, 2014 through October 26, 2014.
F-Loop:(Tent Only, Walk-to Sites): Available by reservation March 7, 2014 through October 26, 2014. It will be available on a walk-in basis from October 27, 2014 through November 30, 2014.
There are 6 group campsites that are limited to one site per affiliated group at a time with a seven day per stay limit. The sites can accommodate from 9 to 40 campers. The group campsites are tent only. RVs, camping trailers, and pop-up campers are not permitted. Cost is $3.00 per person, per night.
- Generators are not permitted, but 95 campsites have electrical hookups. Reserve an electric campsite if you need power.
- There are no full-hookup campsites; a dump station is available for campers.
- Shaded/tree sites can only accommodate vehicles with maximum height of 13' (3.96m).
- There are 69 campsites that are for tents only with combined vehicle length less than 19' (5.8 m).
- There are 18 Tent Only, Walk-in campsites. These sites are a short walking distance from vehicle parking and are ideal for bicyclists.
- Electric campsites are $18.00 per night
- Riverside electric campsites are $20.00 per night.
- Tent Only campsites are $16.00 per night.
Please note: Owners of an Interagency Senior or Access or a Golden Age or Access Pass receive a 50% discount on camping fees.
Watchman Campground Regulations and Map
NRRS Policies (reservation cancellation policy)
Back to the Campgrounds in Zion main page.