September 18, 2007
The National Park Service welcomes those interested to attend an Open House in Yosemite Valley on
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm in the Yosemite Valley Visitor Center Auditorium.
The public is invited to the Open House to:
- Talk to park staff and listen to presentations given throughout the day
- Review newly released documents and reports
- Submit comments on proposed projects and ongoing implementation efforts
Planning efforts and projects that will be represented at this Open House are:
- Hetch Hetchy Communications System Upgrade Project
The public review period for the Environmental Assessment/Initial Study is anticipated to begin in October, 2007.
- Tunnel View Overlook Rehabilitation
Public review of the Environmental Assessment anticipated to begin in October, 2007.
- Historic Yosemite Museum
Learn about what makes the Yosemite Museum a special and historic place.
- Sierra Nevada Bighorn Sheep
Find out what the National Park Service's role is in the recovery of the Sierra Nevada Bighorn Sheep population.
- Tuolumne Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive Management Plan
- Merced Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive Management Plan
- Invasive Plant Management Plan
- Environmental Education Campus
- Construction and Project Updates
To learn more about ongoing projects, add your name to the park's planning mailing list and receive the Planning Update newsletter as well as other planning-related notices, or submit your email address to receive Yosemite National Park's periodic electronic newsletter.
- Mail: Superintendent
Attn: Planning Mailing List
National Park Service
P.O. Box 577
Yosemite, CA 95389
- Fax: 209/379-1294
- Web: www.nps.gov/yose/planning
Visitors attending the Open House will have the entrance fee waived. If unable to attend, refer to the Yosemite National Park web site for a schedule of future Open House dates.