Yosemite National Park Invites Public To Open House (September 2007)
September 18, 2007
The National Park Service welcomes those interested to attend an Open House in Yosemite Valley on
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm in the Yosemite Valley Visitor Center Auditorium.
The public is invited to the Open House to:
- Talk to park staff and listen to presentations given throughout the day
- Review newly released documents and reports
- Submit comments on proposed projects and ongoing implementation efforts
Planning efforts and projects that will be represented at this Open House are:
- Hetch Hetchy Communications System Upgrade Project
The public review period for the Environmental Assessment/Initial Study is anticipated to begin in October, 2007.
- Tunnel View Overlook Rehabilitation
Public review of the Environmental Assessment anticipated to begin in October, 2007.
- Historic Yosemite Museum
Learn about what makes the Yosemite Museum a special and historic place.
- Sierra Nevada Bighorn Sheep
Find out what the National Park Service's role is in the recovery of the Sierra Nevada Bighorn Sheep population.
- Tuolumne Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive Management Plan
- Merced Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive Management Plan
- Invasive Plant Management Plan
- Environmental Education Campus
- Construction and Project Updates
To learn more about ongoing projects, add your name to the park's planning mailing list and receive the Planning Update newsletter as well as other planning-related notices, or submit your email address to receive Yosemite National Park's periodic electronic newsletter.
- Mail: Superintendent
Attn: Planning Mailing List
National Park Service
P.O. Box 577
Yosemite, CA 95389
- Fax: 209/379-1294
- Web: www.nps.gov/yose/planning
Visitors attending the Open House will have the entrance fee waived. If unable to attend, refer to the Yosemite National Park web site for a schedule of future Open House dates.