Tioga Trailheads Public Involvement
Public participation is essential for the success of the Tioga Trailheads Project.
An environmental assessment (EA) is currently underway. Public scoping is open from November 6 through December 12, 2008. Comments with issues, ideas, and suggestions for the Tioga Trailheads Project may be submitted during this period.
The public will have a second formal comment period when the environmental assessment is ready for review (anticipated winter 2009/2010). Although there will be two formal opportunities to comment on this plan, it is important to remember that comments are welcome at any time during the planning process.
Here are some ways to be involved in this project:
- Visit the project website for the most current information about what is happening with the Tioga Trailheads Project.
- Attend a National Park Service public open house on October 29 or December 3, 2008 at the Yosemite Valley East Auditorium from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. to talk with park staff and obtain more information about the project.
- Attend a site visit to select trailheads along the Tioga Road. Field trips will be scheduled next spring after the Tioga Road opens for 2009. Check back for specific dates and locations.
- Add your name to the park's planning mailing list and receive the Planning Update newsletter as well as other planning-related notices. You can also submit your email address to recieve the park's periodic electronic newsletter by clicking here.
- Additionally, you can submit comments with your thoughts about this topic or any other project in the park by any of the following means:
PO Box 577
Yosemite, CA 95389