Publications Related to Yellowstone
TRIP PLANNING INFORMATION
• Yellowstone National Park Trip Planner (8 MB pdf)
• New road updates will be regularly posted to our Road Construction page throughout the summer.
• Our Official Park Newspaper - Seasonal park information and past editions.
• Backcountry Trip Planner - Our most important publication for those planning to do some backcountry camping during their visit.
• Beyond Roads End (618K pdf) - A pamphlet that provides regulations and guidelines for backcountry travel in Yellowstone.
• Yellowstone's collection of interactive html maps linked to and covering most park areas.
Site Bulletins: A great collection of site bulletins that contain information on general park information, geology, human history, and wildlife.
Indepth Publications produced by the National Park Service that contain indepth information, including Yellowtone Resource and Issues, Yellowstone Fires of 1988.
Research Publications Related to Wildlife and Science in Yellowstone.
Publications about the History and establishment of Yellowstone
PLANNING AND COMPLIANCE DOCUMENTS
Park Planning - Planning projects in Yellowstone National Park, including Environmental Impact Statements (EISs), Environmental Assessments (EAs), management plans, and decision documents, such as Findings of No Significant Impact (FONSIs) and Records of Decision (RODs).
Winter Use Planning - EAs, EISs, FONSIs, RODs, and other reports related to Winter Use Planning in the National Parks of the Greater Yellowstone Area.
Long Range Interpretive Plan (1.6MB pdf) - What the Division of Interpretation is planning over the next 10 years.
MORE BOOKS ABOUT YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK
Yellowstone Association Online Bookstore Why wait until you are here to buy your Yellowstone books. Buy them in advance so you can read them on your way here.
Did You Know?
You cannot fish from Fishing Bridge. Until 1973 this was a very popular fishing location since the bridge crossed the Yellowstone River above a cutthroat trout spawning area. It is now a popular place to observe fish.