Headquarter's Visitor Center Switching to Winter Hours on Sept. 20th
Wrangell-St Elias's main visitor center, located near Copper Center, AK, will be switching to winter hours starting September 20th. The new hours of operation are Mon.-Fri. 9:00 am-4:00 pm and closed on Saturday and Sunday.
Prospectus Soliciting Proposals for Guided Tours within Kennecott Mines National Historic Landmark Released
Copper Center, AK - Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve announced the release of a prospectus soliciting proposals for the Guided Tours of Historic Buildings concession operation within the Kennecott Mines National Historic Landmark (NHL).
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978 and designated as a National Historic Landmark in 1986, Kennecott is considered the best remaining example of early 20th Century copper mining. The primary service to be provided is guided interpretive tours within the NHL.
The prospectus includes the financial terms of the contract, utilization and operating information, a market area overview and the selection factors used to award the contract.
The Prospectus is available for download at http://www.concessions.nps.gov/prospectuses.htm. Hard copies are available upon request.Please contact Mark Keogh, Concessions Manager, at 907-822-7223 to request a copy.
Did You Know?
Mt. Blackburn, a 16,390’ peak in the Wrangell Mountains, was named by Lt. Henry T. Allen in 1885 for U.S. Senator Joseph Blackburn.