Wrangell-St. Elias Visitor Center Switching to Fall Hours on Sept. 20th
Wrangell-St Elias's main visitor center, located near Copper Center, AK, is on fall hours starting September 20th. The fall hours of operation are Mon.-Fri. 9:00 am-4:00 pm, closed on federal holidays.
Park Seeks Candidates for Subsistence Resource Commission
Nominations for candidates to fill upcoming vacancies on the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park Subsistence Resource Commission are being accepted through March 31, 2014. The Subsistence Resource Commission (SRC) provides a venue for local subsistence users to have input into the management of subsistence resources in
The SRC prepares proposals to change federal subsistence regulations and comments on proposals submitted by others that affect
For additional information about the nomination process, contact Barbara Cellarius, subsistence coordinator, at (907) 822-7236.
Did You Know?
Mount Bona, a 16,421’ peak in the St. Elias range, was named in 1897 by Italy’s Duke of the Abruzzi for his racing yacht, the Bona. The Duke, grandson of the first king of Italy, was the first person to climb towering 18,008’ Mount St. Elias, from which vantage point he could view Mt. Bona.