Visitors should call 315-568-0024 before visiting the park during the winter months. Due to inclement weather, the park may close with short notice.
Days of Operation
Beginning on December 30, 2013 the park will be closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. The park will be open Wednesday-Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm
Women’s Rights National Historical Park Announces Canal Splash Events for August
Contact: Jamie Wolfe, 315.568.0024
Seneca Falls, NY–Women's Rights National Historical Park is participating in "Canal Splash!" on August 10 and 11, 2013. "The history of Seneca Falls and the history of the Cauyga-Seneca Canal are one in the same, and the park is honoring the connection this year with several new programs," said David Malone, Acting Chief of Interpretation and Education.
On Saturday, August 10, the special programs are:
· 10:00 AM The Mill Girls of Seneca Falls. Meet at the Gazebo in People's Park, Water Street, Seneca Falls
· 11:00 AM "What's in a Park?" - Kids Hike. Meet at Women's Rights NHP Visitor Center, 136 Fall Street, Seneca Falls.
· 2:00 PM Canal Ecology. Meet at the Trailhead for the Ludovico Sculpture Trail on Bridge Street, Seneca Falls.
On Sunday, August 11, the special programs are:
· 10:00 AM Learn the Locks! Meet at the Jacob Chamberlain House, 1 Seneca Street, Seneca Falls.
· 2:00 PM The Canal System and the Growth of the Empire State. Meet at the Gazebo in People's Park, Water Street, Seneca Falls.
Canal Splash! is a coordinated series of locally organized events and activities, including nature and history walks, museum and gallery exhibits, rowing regattas, kayak and canoe outings, musical performances, boat tours and more.
Guided walks, bikes and cruises, museum and gallery exhibits, canoe and kayak paddles, canalside festivals, performances and more are offered throughout the Corridor to celebrate the history, culture, and recreational appeal of the NYS Canal System. Complete list of events can be found on NYS Canal Corporation site.
For more information, please visit our website at www.nps.gov/worior call (315) 568-0024. Follow the park's social media sites for Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/
Did You Know?
Did you know that Amelia Bloomer (for whom the outfit was named) edited the first newspaper for women? More...