Join Our Friends
The Battle for Wilson's Creek
Established in 1950, the Wilson's Creek National Battlefield Foundation is one of the oldest private sector support groups associated with the National Park Service. It is a non-profit corporation with IRS 501(c) (3) status. Foundation members support the efforts of the National Park Service at Wilson's Creek National Battlefield with yearly membership donations to the Foundation, additional financial pledges, and volunteer involvement.
The new library annex and education center (adjacent to the Wilson's Creek Visitor Center), opened in April 2003 and was built with funds raised by the Foundation and a matching government grant. Future projects of the Foundation include:
Please become a member and help us as we continue to fight the battle for Wilson's Creek!
For more information about joining the Foundation, call or write us:
Wilson's Creek National Battlefield Foundation
or go to our website: www.wilsonscreek.com
Did You Know?
The Wilson's Creek Foundation, a local grass-roots organization, began the preservation of the battlefield by raising $1,600 and purchasing 37 acres of Bloody Hill in 1951.