Wind Cave Room - Bishop Fowler Loop
NPS Photo by Bill Holmes
The name "Bishop Fowler" is written into the soft limestone above the passage that goes into this route through the cave. Bishop Fowler was a prominent figure in the Methodist Church. He helped establish the Black Hills College in Hot Springs. This route through the cave is attributed to Alvin McDonald in 1891.