Targeted Grades: Grades 3-7. Can be used with older and younger students.
Inventory for Human History:
- Metate (partial) and grinding stone (partial)
- Two (2) reproduction bowls
- Flint Samples: 7 flint pieces and 1 oyster trade shell
- Books: 1) New Mexico Textbook 2) Exploring White Sands 3) Every Object has
- Story 4) Indigenous Dialogue 5) An Intimate Look 6) Relations • Laminated Maps: 1) Kingdom of New Mexico 2) Pueblo Time Line 3) Front Pages of Roswell Newspaper: (1) July 8, 1947 & (1) July 9, 1947
- Accordion Folder:
- Section 1: Introduction and Teacher Materials
- Section 2: Paleo to Mogollon
- Section 3: Pueblo: Hopi, Zuni
- Section 4: Pueblo: Navajo, Hispanic, Conquistadors, American
- Section 5: Missiles, Bases, Space, Aliens
- Section 6: Area Map and Information Brochures
- Section 7: Books (see above)
The process for reserving a trunk is easy.
1) Download the reservation form
2) Complete the form, including necessary signatures
3) Email it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we receive your form, the education specialist will contact you via email to confirm dates and to schedule delivery or pickup of the trunk.
After you've had a chance to use the trunks in your classroom, we would appreciate hearing your comments and suggestions. Your feedback really helps us improve the resources we offer and our services to the schools. Simply download the feedback form and return it to us.
- Grade Levels:
- Third Grade-Seventh Grade
- Anthropology, Archaeology, Hispanic or Latino American History and Culture, History, Pioneer America, Regional Studies, Westward Expansion