Junior Ranger Day Program
Contact: Kathryn Harrison, 580-497-2742
Junior Ranger Day
Washita Battlefield National Historic Site
Saturday, April 20, 2013
10:00 Native Garden: How to make rope from a Yucca leaf with Ranger Teresa
11:00 Story-telling around the campfire: The Great Mystery Power and The Coyote-Minoma Littlehawk Sills
11:30 How to decorate your own unbrella the Cheyenne Way
12:00 Have your picture taken with Smokey Bear!
1:00 Native Garden: How to make rope from a Yucca leaf with Ranger Teresa
2:00 How to make a drum the Cheyenne Way
2:30 Story-telling around the campfire: The Hairy Toe- Minoma Littlehawk Sills
- Junior Ranger table: Earn your Junior Ranger Badge and Certificate and put together National Park Puzzles
- Walk the Dust and Fire Trail and take the Discovery Challenge
- Watch the park film, Destiny at Dawn (10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, and 2:30)
- Musical chairs to Songs for Junior Rangers and win a prize!
- Play the Washita National Wildlife Refuge Wii hunting game
- Outside: Visit Sgt. Smith and Private Martin and Dr. Rennick at the 7th Cavalry Field Tent
- Outside: Learn how to throw and atalatl
------FREE POPCORN ALL DAY------
Did You Know?
As a teenager, Magpie survived the 1868 attack on the Washita River, and lived to fight Lt. Col. George Armstrong Custer once again at the Battle of Little Big Horn.