47th Ohio Infantry 19 and 22 May 1863 Assault Markers
Monument located on Union Avenue, 200 yards south of Graveyard Road. Also markers designating the assault of 19 May 1863, located east of Confederate Avenue near its junction with Graveyard Road, and the assault of 22 May 1863, located on the ridge on the south side of Graveyard Road, 300 ft east of the Stockade Redan. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. Hugh Ewing's 3d Brigade, of Maj. Gen. Francis P. Blair's 2d Division, Maj. Genl's William T. Sherman's and Frederick Steele's XV Army Corps, and commanded by Col. Augustus C. Parry.