1st Missouri Light Artillery, Battery M
Multiple monument located on Union Avenue 500 feet beyond the Minnesota State Memorial.
This unit was attached to Capt. Frank C. Sands' Artillery Command, of Brig. Gen'l Isaac F. Quinby's 7th Division, and later to Brig. Gen. John McArthur's Provisional Division, Maj. Gen. James B. McPherson's XVII Army Corps, and commanded by Lt. Junius W. MacMurray. [Refer to Edwin Bearss' The Vicksburg Campaign, Volume III, pages 1141, 1142, 1148, and 1149.]