Unit position marker
Monument located outside Vicksburg National Military Park on former park property in the City of Vicksburg, on the lawn in front of Pemberton Plaza on Pemberton Blvd. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen'l Jacob G. Lauman's 4th Division of Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand (relieved 6/19/63) & Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps and commanded by Maj. James G. Wilson. The unit entered the campaign about 20 May 1863 and served as reconnaissance and outpost duty during the Siege of Vicksburg.