Asbestos Remediation Project
4/3/13 Due to ongoing work related to the Asbestos Release Site cleanup (http://go.nps.gov/1hzhu5), access to Chapel Trail from Cinder Lane (eastern-most portion of the trail) is closed. The Chapel Trail will remain open and can be accessed from the Washington Memorial Chapel parking lot and from River Road near the Washington's Headquarters parking lot.
Trooper Road is closed to vehicular traffic at the intersection of Trooper Road and Route 23. Parking is prohibited. Parking is available in the parking lot west of the Visitor Center, accessed from County Line Road. Access to the Schuylkill River Trail via the Route 422 bridge remains open to pedestrians and bicycles.
4/24/13 Access to the equestrian trail west of the horse trailer parking area in the lower visitor center parking lot will be intermittently closed. The trail closure will begin in April 2013 and may continue on an as needed basis through August 2013.
Valley Forge NHP maps: http://go.nps.gov/vfmaps
Did You Know?
Valley Forge was Pennsylvania’s first state park, established in 1893. In 1976, the bicentennial year of the Declaration of Independence, the park was transferred to the National Park System as Valley Forge National Historical Park.