Activities Requiring Permits
II. 36 CFR §1.6 – permitS
(f) The following is a compilation of activities and/or public uses for which a permit from the superintendent or is required:
- §1.5(d) To implement a public use limit, the superintendent may establish a permit, registration, or reservation system. Permits shall be issued in accordance with the criteria and procedures of §1.6 of this chapter.
- §2.4(d) Carry or possess a weapon, trap, or net
- §2.5(a) Specimen collection (take plant, fish, wildlife, rocks or minerals).
- §2.10(a) The following camping activities:
- § Camping is generally prohibited with the exception of limited special events held by the Boy and Girl Scouts of America. These events are held under a special use permit.
- §2.12 Audio Disturbances:
- (a)(3) Operation of any type of portable motor or engine, or device powered by a portable motor or engine
- (a)(4) Operation of a public address system in connection with a public gathering or special event for which a permit has been issued pursuant to §2.50 or §2.51.
- §2.17 Aircraft and Air Delivery
- § (a)(3) Delivery or retrieval of a person or object by parachute, helicopter or other airborne means
- § (c)(1) Removal of a downed aircraft
- §2.37 Soliciting or demanding gifts, money goods or services (Pursuant to the terms and conditions of a permit issued under sections 2.50, 2.51, or 2.52)
- §2.38 Explosives:
- § (a) Use, possess, store, transport explosives, blasting agents
- § (b) Use or possess fireworks
- §2.50(a) Conduct a sports event, pageant, regatta, public spectator attraction, entertainment, ceremony, and similar events
- §2.51(a) Public assemblies, meetings, gatherings, demonstrations, parades and other public expressions of views. See attached maps.
- §2.52(c) Sale or distribution of printed matter that is not solely commercial advertising.See attached maps.
- §2.62 Memorialization:
- § (b) Scattering ashes from human cremation
- §4.11(a) Vehicles exceeding load, weight and size limits. (See section III, §4.10)
- §5.1Advertisements (display, posting, or distribution)
- §5.3Engaging in or soliciting any business (Requires a permit, contract or other written agreement with the United States, or must be pursuant to special regulations).
- §5.5 Commercial Photography/Filming:
- § (a) Commercial filming of motion pictures or television involving the use of professional casts, settings or crews, other than bona fide newsreel or news television
- § (b) Still photography of vehicles, or other articles of commerce or models for the purpose of commercial advertising.
- §5.6(c) Use of commercial vehicles on park area roads (The superintendent shall issue a permit to access private lands within or adjacent to the park when access is otherwise not available).
- §5.7 Construction of buildings, facilities, trails, roads, boat docks, paths, structures, etc.
If you would like to apply for a permit. Visit our Permits
page for applications and information.