Visitor Center main entrance closed, please use upper entrance
The main entrance to the Visitor Center will be closed 4/24 - 4/25 for sidewalk repairs. Please use the upper entrance, located on the backside of the Visitor Center. Follow the signs from the main parking lot around the building. More »
Upcoming Visitor Center Construction Projects
Beginning April 22, improvements to the Visitor Center complex will be made and periodic closures will occur over a two-week period. Plan your visit with this information in mind. Further details and dates will be made available as possible. More »
Request for Proposals to Lease Kennedy Supplee Mansion
OPPORTUNITY: Lease Historic Kennedy Supplee Mansion
Site tours are now available. Please contact Patrick (Pat) Madden at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The RFP provides the opportunity for interested individuals and organizations to submit proposals to the National Park Service to lease this property. This lease opportunity is open to all interested persons on a competitive basis. Whoever submits the proposal for each property, judged best under the proposal selection criteria, will be given an opportunity to negotiate a final lease agreeable to both the offeror and the National Park Service.
The Kennedy-Supplee Mansion, originally called "Kenhurst," is an Italianate and Italian Villa-styled mansion with 9,276 feet of above-grade space featuring Egyptian Revival interior decorations. It was built in 1852 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is located in Upper Merion Township at the eastern edge of Valley Forge National Historical Park off of Pennsylvania State Route 23. The mansion is visible from U.S. Route 422 and is close to the commercial center of King of Prussia, Pennsylvania.
Request For Proposals and Supporting Documents
To request a site visit, submit questions, or obtain further information regarding this Request for Proposals, please contact:
Patrick Madden, Business Manager
Valley Forge National Historical Park
1400 North Outer Line Drive
King of Prussia, PA 19406-1009
Did You Know?
Valley Forge was Pennsylvania’s first state park, established in 1893. In 1976, the bicentennial year of the Declaration of Independence, the park was transferred to the National Park System as Valley Forge National Historical Park.