Jefferson National Parks Association (JNPA) is a federally recognized National Park Service cooperating association. As a private non-profit organization, JNPA supports the educational activities of Ulysses S. Grant National Historic Site, as well as Jefferson National Expansion Memorial in St. Louis; the Lewis and Clark Visitor Center in Yankton, SD; Camp River Dubois, Lewis & Clark State Historic Site in Hartford, IL; National Great Rivers Museum in Alton, IL; Central High School in Little Rock, AR; Chippewa National Forest in Minnesota, and the Mississippi National River and Recreation Area in Minnesota.
JNPA's major source of funding is through the sale of educational products, mostly through museum shop and on-line catalog sales, memberships, admission to programs, and private donations. As a tax-exempt, non-profit organization identified under section 501(c)(3) of the federal tax code, all JNPA proceeds fund its educational mission at the various sites it supports.
Did You Know?
White Haven, the name Colonel Frederick Dent gave the main house and the 850-acre estate he purchased in 1820, was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1986.