To have a safe and enjoyable visit to the Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site, make sure to:
- Wear clothing appropriate for the season and temperature (see Weather)
- Store all valuables in your vehicle out of site of passers-by.
- Lock your vehicle when you leave it in the parking area.
- Wear sturdy footwear that support your walk throughout the historic site.
- Bring water as needed to help ward off heat exhaustion.
- Keep in mind that snakes and insects like warm weather too.
- Do not approach any wildlife (snakes, turtles, etc.) to "play" with that you may encounter during your visit to the site. Wildlife is unpredictable--they may attack without warning.
- Do not take "souvenirs" such as rocks, pieces of metal, etc. from the historic site.
- Heed all directional and warning signs--they are for your benefit.