Temporary Monday Closure Notice
Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site will temporarily close on Mondays effective May 5, 2014. Monday hours will resume on July 14, 2014. During this period, the days of operation will be Tuesday – Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Pets are welcome but must be maintained on a leash.
- Pets are allowed throughout the Historic Core and Overlook areas but not allowed inside buildings, unless they are service animals.
- You are expected to clean up after your pet. Remember to bring the "pooper scooper."
- Do not allow your pet to chase or annoy any of the natural wildlife that it may enounter while visiting the site. Keep in mind that the natural wildlife is indeed wild and an encounter can lead to serious injury of your pet.
- You are responsible for any potential harm your pet may cause to others on site, whether park employee or visitor.
If you keep these things in mind you and your pet will have a safe and enjoyable visit to the historic site. Happy visiting!
Did You Know?
In 1942 First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt visited Tuskegee’s Civilian Pilot Training Program, took a historic flight with Chief Flight Instructor Charles Anderson, and used her influence toward advancing military flight training in Tuskegee.