Registration for these events is generally required. Please refer to the event description for more details.
A list of upcoming topics is below. Check this page often for detailed information about upcoming FREE webinars.
Evaluating Replacement Windows (encore presentation)
June 18 at 2:00 PM
Historic Tax Credits 101
July 23 at 2:00 PM
Evaluating Replacement Windows
Thursday, June 18, 2015
2:00 PM — 3:30 PM (Eastern)
Windows are a significant feature of most historic buildings, and there are few rehabilitation projects that do not involve windows. Applying the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Rehabilitation to the treatment of windows in a project involves both a justification for replacement and an evaluation of the characteristics of the replacement windows.
In this 60-minute webinar we will review existing NPS policies for applying the Secretary’s Standards to window replacement and look in some detail at how to evaluate any proposed replacement windows. Specific topics will include:
- Understanding how the condition and location of the existing windows can affect the needed characteristics of the replacements.
- Comparing the various levels of replacement from sash-only to rough opening installations.
- Correlating drawing details with visual effects of the installed material.
- Comparing the possibilities and limitations of various materials.
- Identifying common deficiencies in matching historic windows and opportunities to correct those deficiencies.
John Sandor, Architectural Historian, National Park Service
Who Should Attend?
This event is designed to provide training for preservation professionals working with the historic tax credit program as architects, consultants, etc.
Attendees must register for this event. Audience size is limited. Please be courteous and register only if you are certain you will be able to attend. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.