The Upper Gallery is currently closed for renovations.
These renovations will improve preservation of artifacts and enhance the visitor experience. The Lower Gallery has been reopened, its exhibits are methodically being returned. Period room tours are offered at the regularly scheduled times.
Mission & Purpose
Eastern National provides quality educational products and services to the visitors to America's national parks and other public trusts.
Eastern National, chartered in 1948, is an association operating in more than 130 national parks and other public trusts. Its policies and programs are guided by an elected board of directors. The board, the members and the staff are dedicated to the preservation and use of the parks for the benefit of all Americans, visitors from all nations and future generations.
Eastern National currently operates educational retail outlets in 30 states, from Maine to the Caribbean. We see our mission as a double opportunity to offer quality educational materials and services to park visitors and the general public at fair prices, and to aid the National Park Service with the income derived from these activities. All of the products, programs and publications offered to visitors have a strong educational value and assist the educational programs of the Service. In fact, the proceeds from our activity is donated to the National Park Service and our other partners to further support these programs. Since 1947, we have donated over $77 million to the National Park Service.
During the last 50 years, Eastern National's contributions have benefited the parks and visitors in many ways. We have supported research in cultural and natural resources to provide a sound basis for educational and park management activities. Our publications program has produced an array of distinguished and informative books and hundreds of folders, many distributed free of charge. We have underwritten production of many fine audiovisual programs used in the parks and in homes and schools.
Did You Know?
Theodore Roosevelt Birthplace became a museum thanks to the efforts of the Women's Roosevelt Memorial Association in 1919. The museum opened to the public in 1923. The W.R.M.A later joined with the Theodore Roosevelt Association who donated the museum to the National Park Service in 1962.