There are a variety of subway and bus lines near Theodore Roosevelt Birthplace National Historic Site, 28 East 20th Street, Manhattan.
* Take the 4 or 5 (green), Q or N (yellow), or L (gray) subway to Union Square/East 14th Street.
* Take the 6 (green) subway to East 23rd Street at Park Avenue South.
* Take the R (yellow) subway to East 23rd Street at Broadway.
* Take the M-1 bus along Park Avenue South to East 23rd Street.
* Take the M-5 bus along Fifth Avenue to East 23rd Street.
* Take the M-2 or M-3 bus, running on both Fifth Avenue and Park Avenue South, to East 23rd Street.
* Take the M-23 crosstown bus along East 23rd Street to Broadway or Park Avenue South.
After taking public transportation, walk to East 20th Street. Theodore Roosevelt Birthplace is between Park Avenue South and Broadway.