- No advance reservations are needed to visit the preserve
- Two week minimum advanced reservation needed for ranger led group and school tours
*NEW* Check Cashing Notice
- Research Permits - for natural resource studies
- Fishing - A fishing permit is not required to fish in any of the three catch-and-release ponds or along Fox Creek, but a valid Kansas fishing license is required for Kansas residents between the ages of 16 through 74 and must be in their possession while fishing in Kansas. All nonresidents 16 and older must have a valid nonresident license to fish in Kansas.
- please download this PDF (14KB)
Special Use Permits
- Commercial Use Filming and Photography Permits - Commercial filming and photography is defined as digital or film recording of a visual image or sound recording by a person, business, or other entity for a market audience, such as for a documentary, television or feature film, advertisement, or similar project. All commercial filming requires a Special Use Permit.
- Special Use Permits - Special uses require a permit. Primary consideration will be given to potential resource damage and to anticipated disruption of normal public use. Park staff will help ensure that your event runs smoothly and without interfering with park operations, resource protection, or the public's enjoyment of the park. For more information about special use permits, contact the Chief of Interpretation at (620) 273-6034. Permit applications, certificates of insurance, and correspondence may be faxed to (620) 273-8066.
- Special events, group gatherings, First Amendment activities, and weddings - Sporting events, festivals, concerts, weddings, cultural programs, First Amendment activities, and group gatherings for social and community events are examples of special uses that require permits. All weddings and ceremonies require permits, regardless of the group size. Weddings at the preserve are authorized at the Lower Fox Creek Schoolhouse, as it was once a community building and a wedding could have conceivably been performed. To preserve the building, a set of rules (including maximum participants) has been established for resource protection.
- Please review the wedding permit rules (PDF file, 107 KB) and determine if they are compatible with your event plans.
- Special use permit application (PDF file, 113 KB). Download, print, and complete the form to apply for a special use permit. Mail the completed application to the address found at the top of the form.