The Hubbard House (c. 1840s), built in Greek Revival architectural style and located in Ashtabula Harbor, Ohio, was the home of abolitionist and Underground Railroad station-master Col. William Hubbard (a.k.a. Deacon William Hubbard), a well-known businessman in the community, who was active in establishing several anti-slavery societies within the county. Described as a northern terminus of the Underground Railroad, his house served as one of the last stops that individuals escaping slavery reached had before being ferried over to Canada. The house was also known as "Old Mother Hubbard's Cupboard" and "The Great Emporium." Today the house, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is home to the Hubbard House Underground Railroad Museum with displays devoted to recreating how the house looked in William Hubbard's time, as well as displays for the Civil War and local history.
The Hubbard House Underground Railroad Museum is open during the summer to visitors, with the season lasting from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Group tours are available year round with a minimum of 10 persons. For more information on the site, please visit: http://www.hubbardhouseugrrmuseum.org
 National Register of Historic Places, Col. William Hubbard House, Ashtabula, Ashtabula County, Ohio, National Register #73001385. The home is also featured on the National Register Travel Itinerary Aboard the Underground Railroad at: http://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/underground/oh8.htm
Visitor Information: Currently open to public.
Location: 1603 Walnut Boulevard, Ashtabula, Ashtabula, 44004-2666
National Park Unit: No
Ownership: Hubbard House UGRR Museum Betsy English, Director
Location Type: Site
Freedom Seekers: Uncle Jake (1830s),William Holmes (1838)
UGRR Operatives: Col./Deacon William Hubbard