Broderick Park was the location of the Black Rock Ferry, a major transporation link across Niagara River between Buffalo, NY and Fort Erie, Canada. The ferry operated continuously from the Broderick Park location from 1825 until the service was discontinued in the middle of the 20th century. Buffalo's destiny as important national transporation hub was sealed when it was chosen for the terminus of the Erie Canal in the 1820s. The dock where the ferry landed and departed for nearby Cananda was used as an UGRR station from at least the 1830s until the Civil War.
Visitor Information: Currently open to public.
Location: 1170 Niagara Street, Buffalo, Erie, 14213
National Park Unit: No
Ownership: City of Buffalo Parks and Recreation Dept.
Location Type: Site