Steamtown NHS will offer summer excursions to Tobyhanna, Gouldsboro and Cresco, Pennsylvania. These 50-mile roundtrip train rides follow Roaring Brook onto the Pocono Plateau, through a tunnel, across numerous bridges, past ponds and lakes, and through the historic and scenic Pennsylvania countryside. At Tobyhanna, walking tours to a working ice house, or a tour of the small village may be offered. Light refreshments are available for purchase at station stops.
DL&W-painted #664, an EMD Model F3A diesel locomotive, is pictured arriving at Gouldsboro Station with a seasonal train excursion from Steamtown NHS.
- Gouldsboro trips are scheduled for June 14, 15 and 29, July 19 and August 24
- Tobyhanna on July 26
- Cresco on July 27 and August 9
Trips are scheduled to operate with a historic diesel (not steam) locomotive.
- Gouldsboro excursions depart at 11:00 am and return at approximately 3:45 pm.
- Tobyhanna excursion will depart at 12:30 pm and return at approximately3:45 pm
- Cresco excursions depart at 11:00 am and return at approximately 4:00 pm
Reservations are open now.