This parcel of land was bought by Thomas Kelderhouse in 1861. After his death in 1884, his son, James, inherited the property and in 1889, deeded 40 acres to George and Louisa Burfiend Lawr. Louisa was the daughter of Port Oneida pioneer Carsten Burfiend. They purchased the adjacent 80 acres and built this farm in the 1890s. George Lawr was the son of a Scotsman and his mother was from New York. George came to the U.S. from Canada in 1871. He and his wife farmed there until 1945. Since that time, the farm has had several owners including the Curriers and Chapmans.