Special Use Permits

All National Park Service areas require special-use permits for certain activities to ensure the protection of our rich natural and cultural resources. Some such activities requiring a permit may include:

  • Specimen collection for research or other purposes
  • Operating a power saw
  • Airdrops, parachuting, hang-gliding, or para-jumping
  • Helicopter landings
  • Public assemblies or meetings
  • Sale or distribution of printed matter
  • Display of commercial notices or advertisement
  • Memorialization
  • Commercial operations
  • Commercial photography and filming
  • Special events
  • Soliciting
Special-use permit requests will be reviewed for potential resource damage and anticipated disruption of normal public use.

For more information on obtaining a special-use permit for Sitka National Historical Park, please contact:

Special Use Permit Coordinator
Sitka National Historical Park
103 Monastery Street
Sitka, AK 99835
907-747-0122 phone
907-747-0144 fax

Did You Know?