• Sitka National Historical Park Visitor Center Mountains

    Sitka

    National Historical Park Alaska

Park Begins Fall Hours

Subscribe RSS Icon | What is RSS
Date: August 28, 2008

Beginning August 29th, the Russian Bishop’s House will be open daily from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm with tours every half hour. The final tour will be at 2:30 pm. The Park Visitor Center continues to be open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily.

Sitka National Historical Park will continue to collect fees through September 30th. Fees collected support the programs and facilities of both the park and the cultural center. Use of park trails and restrooms and attendance at ranger-guided walks continue to be free. For further information, call 747-0110.

Did You Know?

Historic photo of Castle Hill

The transfer of Alaska from Russia took place in Sitka. On October 18, 1867, the Russian flag was lowered on Castle Hill, home of Alaska's Russian governors, the American flag was raised, and a brief exchange of statements completed the transfer of Alaska to the United States.