In order for the park to accommodate all groups, we ask school groups to submit a list of learning objectives, written on school letterhead, as well as the Educational Group Request Form. The letter and form should be submitted four weeks in advance of your trip.
The park can provide ranger-led programs at Shiloh Battlefield and the Corinth Civil War Interpretive Center if staffing levels permit. These programs can take many forms, including tours of the park, hands-on demonstrations, and other activities. Ranger Charlie Spearman must have all required documentation in hand before a tour or program can be scheduled. Please submit form with tentative date, as the date may change depending on staffing availability.
When planning your visit please keep in mind:
* Park Rangers have set times for availability, therefore if your school has a scheduled walk, talk, or demonstration please make every attempt to arrive within 30 minutes of your scheduled time of arrival.
* The Shiloh National Cemetery is an honored resting-place for our nation's veterans. Remind students to walk and use quiet voices in honor of these fallen soldiers.
* The monuments, cannon, fences, and tablets on the battlefield help tell the story of the Battle of Shiloh. Students should stand beside these features for pictured instead of climbing on them.
* The Shiloh Battlefield Visitor Center Auditorium will seat 120 people, if your group has more than the auditorium capacity your group will need to be divided to view the park film Shiloh: Fiery Trial.
* All picnics should take place in the park's designated picnic area, on the west side of Hwy. 22, about 1 mile south of the main park entrance. All trash must be placed in trash bins.
* Please be aware that in the event of severe weather, Shiloh Battlefield has limited indoor space within park facilities.
For more information contact our Education Coordinator:
Shiloh National Military Park
1055 Pittsburg Landing Road
Shiloh, TN 38376
phone: 731 689-5696 ext. 29
fax: 731 689-5450
There are no results to show.