Regional Archeological Survey Program
The Regional Archeological Survey Programn of the Southeast Archeological Center assists National Parks within the Southeast Region in fulfilling their archeological responsibilities.
- Prepares research designs and cost estimates, analyzing artifacts, preparing reports, and cataloging the collections from subsequent projects.
- Undertakes archeological projects for park management needs.
- Provides technical assistance for planning, site stabilization, public education, interpretation, and protection.
- Prepares National Register nominations and state site forms, and updates the Cultural Sites Inventory (CSI).
- Disseminates information to parks, State Historic Preservation Offices (SHPO), and the professional community.
- Prepares databases for archeological reports and collections.
- Assists parks with developing public education programs.
- Prepares overviews and assessments of park cultural resources.
- Surveys park areas as part of the Systemwide Archeological Inventory Program.
- Provides Geographic Information System (GIS) archeological theme layers and other computer mapping data for parks.
For more information about I&E, contact Guy Prentice at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850) 580-3011 x124.